Please arrive at the church office ( 181 Groh Ave. Cambridge, ON, N3C 1Y8) at 4:00 p.m. Please come with dinner already eaten.
When you arrive please come to the conference room right away to check in, as we must go through a registration process in order to keep organized.
Part of the check in process is submitting the Muskoka Woods waiver, please see the attached form, print it off, and submit it when you check in (if you have already completed it and submitting in online ~ thank you). This waiver must be signed by each student participating AND their parent/guardian.
Once each student is accounted for we will depart. Each student will be assigned a vehicle to travel in. Please do not load the luggage into a vehicle until your student knows which one they will be travelling on.
We travel to and from camp via cars that are driven by youth leaders. We leave at 4:00 p.m on Friday, and return for 4:00 p.m on the Sunday.
When joining us for this weekend here is a list of the items you need to pack in your ONE suitcase/bag.
- Bible and something to write with
- Bedding (pillow and sleeping bag/blankets, these may be packed separately if absolutely necessary)
- Warm Clothes (sweaters, jeans, sweatpants, long-johns)
- Winter Jacket (snow pants, mittens, hat)
- Toiletries: shampoo, soap, toothbrush, toothpaste, deodorant
- Footwear (ex. winter boots, running shoes for indoor games)
- Money – for vending machines (drink and snack). The Tuck Shop where you can buy snacks and souvenirs.
- Refillable water bottle
Things that will distract you (cell phones, iPad, iPods,etc.)
- Expensive Clothing, Jewelry, etc.
- Anything that could hurt someone else
- We encourage students to stay unplugged and leave their cell phones behind. Please note: We will not take responsibility for any lost or stolen items.
Our sleeping accommodations are found around the Muskoka Woods property. The majority of the buildings are broken up into 4-6 separate rooms sleeping 12-14, some are free-standing cabins which sleep 10-14. Students are grouped together with their small groups and small group leader(s) stay with them in their assigned cabin.
Meals at Muskoka Woods are served buffet style. Guests enjoy a wide variety of foods, including a full salad bar and vegetarian meal options. Please inform us of your child’s special dietary needs when you register, and we will be glad to accommodate them. At most meals, guests are seated with their cabin group. Due to the number of guests and staff with nut allergies, we ask that you not send any snacks with your children containing nuts of any sort.
The goal of this retreat is to help students develop better daily disciplines with God in His word, in prayer and in worship. We do this through main teaching time, small group discussion and activities. Our hope and prayer is that students will come home more motivated and better equipped to meet with God regularly on their own.
Our students will have the opportunity to participate in the various activities listed below:
• Basketball (indoor)
• B3 (scooters and skateboards, Indoor Skate Park)
• Cross Country Skiing **
• Floor Hockey
• Indoor Curling
• Scooter Board Hockey
• Snow Soccer **
• Snowshoeing **
• Tubing **
• Volleyball (indoor/snow)
** weather permitting
Please be at the church office to pick up your students on Sunday at 4:00pm.