The New Testament clearly indicates that groups of people who were followers of the Lord Jesus Christ identified themselves with, and committed themselves to a particular local body. In order to implement the principles of accountability and commitment to the local body of Christ, as defined in the New Testament and practiced in the early churches, Trinity Bible Chapel recognizes the need for formal membership. Membership at Trinity Bible Chapel is for all who are believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and have visibly demonstrated that commitment through believer’s baptism.
How Do I Become A Member?
1.Your first step would be to attend Step 1: Connect. This informal gathering is a great first step towards plugging in at Trinity. If you are investigating Trinity, or have recently decided to make Trinity your church home, then this event is for you!
2.The second step would be to complete Step 2: Consider, which gives you a solid understanding of what it means to be a follower of Jesus Christ. Once this is completed, you’ll be able to join a small group.
3. Upon completion of Step 2: Consider, any person professing personal faith in Jesus Christ as Lord and Saviour who has expressed that commitment visibly by being baptized, should indicate their desire for membership on the membership application form given at the close of Step 2: Consider. Complete this form and return it to the office for further review and follow up.
4. Once the application for membership is received the next step is an Elder interview. During the meeting with a church Elder, you as a prospective member will share your testimony of conversion to Christ, your baptism, and ask any remaining questions about the church.
5. Your name will be placed in the E-news for a period of four weeks. During this period members will be encouraged to clear up any relational or other difficulties which could hinder your ministry among us. This is done in the spirit of Matthew 18:15-17 so that both you and the Trinity family will benefit.
6. Eligible applicants will be introduced into membership at one of our tri-annual Membership Sundays; one in the Spring, Fall and Winter. The next Membership Sunday is scheduled for September 26, 2021, our Fall Membership Sunday.
Each calendar year, the deadline to be considered for the Spring Membership Sunday will be January 1, and the deadline for the Fall Membership Sunday will be July 1, and the deadline for the Winter Membership Sunday will be October 1, so be sure to get your applications in prior to these dates in order to be considered for the next upcoming Membership Sunday.
Membership Sundays will allow us to highlight and celebrate church membership, as well as provide a time for new members to publicly declare their desire to enter into a covenant with the local church. These Sundays will also be an opportunity for current members to reaffirm their commitment to the church.
What are my responsibilities as a member?
1.I have by faith, become a follower of Jesus Christ and I have been baptized as a visible way of demonstrating that commitment.
2. I am committed to worship Christ. As part of my worship-lifestyle, attending Sunday services at Trinity is a high priority for me. Further, I am financially supporting the ministry of our church by giving back to the Lord a biblical portion of my increase.
3. I am continuing to walk with Christ and in fellowship with other Christ-followers through regular and personal study of the Bible, prayer, personal witness, involvement in a small group and by avoiding criticism of others and always seeking to biblically resolve any conflict in the spirit of Matthew 18:15-17.
4. I am at work for Christ and have found my place of service at Trinity. I am committed to fruitful ministry by using my spiritual gifts for God’s glory.
If you sense God leading you to become a member of Trinity Bible Chapel please do any of the following:
*you can CLICK HERE for a membership application form that can be printed at home and submitted
*you can CLICK HERE to complete the membership application online
*or you can pick up a paper copy of our membership application at the Welcome Center on a Sunday morning.
Note that the detailed Trinity Bible Chapel Membership Covenant is available in any of these options.